metaphysical outreach

minoski

Italian
Ciao a tutti. Ho letto i tre thread che contengono la parola "outreach", ma non mi pare che nessuno sia applicabile a questa frase. Mi date una mano :)?
--Liberty and progress are core concepts not because this is ordained in some metaphysical outreach, but because this is a conclusion we arrive by listening to liberal and their critics.

(Libertà e progresso sono concetti centrali non perché questo sia stato decretato nell’ambito di qualche ??? metafisico, ma in quanto conclusione tratta dall’ascolto dei liberali e dei loro critici.)

Grazie!
c.

• minoski

Italian
    I don't know, Charles...
    I still can't make sense of the sentence. Could you rephrase it so that I can grasp the meaning?
    c.

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Last edited:

minoski

Italian
    Mmm, I'm not sure...
    For what I understood of the sentence, I'd rather use something like "view", or "big picture"... It seems to be an abstract concept, and I can't understand how "outreach" fits here.
    Or maybe I didn't catch the exact meaning of that part.
    c.

EDIT: I've just seen the Wikipedia link. I think that the idea is the same I had, it's just the translation I don't like. I'll find something, now that I got the sense! Thanks a lot, Charles.

Last edited: