mi escuela es universidad

< Previous | Next >

JLanguage

USA: American English, Learning Hebrew and Spanish
This is my homework and it would be great if you tell if there are any mistakes. Keep in mind that I've only had two weeks of Español, as you can see from the following very repetitive movie script.

J: ¡Hola a todos! Soy José y mi escuela es Weber, una escuela secundaria judía americana.
M: Ah, como estas, mi nombre es María. Soy de Chile. Soy También un estudiante, pero mi escuela es universidad.

J: ¿Una Universidad bien?

M: Si, universidad bien.

J: ¡Mi escuela es muy bien!

M: ¿Pues, tu universidad es fantástica?

J: ¿Verdad?

M: ¡la pura verdad!

J: Mi escuela es muy pequeña.

M: Pues, mi universidad es muy grande.

Muchas Gracias,
-Jonathán.

• Rayines

Castellano/Argentina
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................
    J: ¡Hola a todos! Soy José y mi escuela es Weber, una escuela secundaria judía americana.
    M: Ah, como estás, mi nombre es María. Soy de Chile. Soy también un estudiante, pero mi escuela es voy a la universidad.

J: ¿Una buena universidad bien?

M: Si, universidad bien buena.

J: ¡Mi escuela es muy bien buena!

M: ¿Pues, tu (mi ?) universidad es fantástica?(!)

:thumbsup:

JLanguage

Rayines said:
    ...............................................................................................................................QUOTE]J: ¡Hola a todos! Soy José y mi escuela es Weber, una escuela secundaria judía americana.
    M: Ah, como estás, mi nombre es María. Soy de Chile. Soy también un estudiante, pero mi escuela es voy a la universidad.

M: Si, universidad bien buena.

I get all the changes, except why "voy a la" instead of mi escuela es?

Eugens

Argentina Spanish
    JLanguage said:
    I think that just like in English you would say "I go to school", "I go to college"; in Spanish, you would say "voy a la escuela", "voy a la universidad".
    Greetings! :)

Rayines

Castellano/Argentina
    Hallo, Jonathán, I'd wait for some native speaker, because I don't know if I get exactly what you mean. I understood that María was studying at the University; then, we'd say: "Voy a la universidad" , except that you mean that she goes to school "in" a University. Do you get me?

JLanguage

Eugens said:
    I think that just like in English you say "I go to school", "I go to college"; in Spanish, you say "voy a la Universidad".
    Greetings! :)
    Ah, I have not yet learned any of the verb tenses except for the present singular conjugation of "ser". I am going to finish learning all the present forms of "ser" and "estar" and then learn the paradigms of the present tense for the the 3 conjugations. (Or would it be better to learn the past and future forms of "ser" and "estar" first?)

Eugens

Argentina Spanish
    If you say "mi escuela es la universidad", you would be saying "My school is college." Would that make sense in English?:confused:

Eugens

Argentina Spanish
    JLanguage said:
    Ah, I have not yet learned any of the verb tenses except for the present singular conjugation of "ser". I am going to finish learning all the present forms of "ser" and "estar" and then learn the paradigms of the present tense for the the 3 conjugations. (Or would it be better to learn the past and future forms of "ser" and "estar" first?)
    I don't know which it is the best way to learn... (Surely your teacher will advise you better;) ). But, I suppose, it is a good thing to learn the present form for all conjugations first and then, the other tenses.

JLanguage

Eugens said:
    If you say "mi escuela es la universidad", you would be saying "My school is college." Would that make sense in English?:confused:
    No, but as I said previously I don't really know verb conjugations yet.

JLanguage

Eugens said:
    I don't know which it is the best way to learn... (Surely your teacher will advise you better;) ). But, I suppose, it is a good thing to learn the present form for all conjugations first and then, the other tenses.
    Perhaps, but since we follow a textbook that takes forever to introduce new material, I'm just learning additional material on my own.

ElGato

Puerto Rico/Cuba, Spanish
    Rayines said:
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................

M: , universidad bien buena.

Just caught an oversight. The accent over the "i" on sí was missing. Affirmative (yes) always takes an accent. :) I know Rayines and the rest know that, but you might not.

EG

JLanguage

ElGato said:
    Just caught an oversight. The accent over the "i" on sí was missing. Affirmative (yes) always takes an accent. :) I know Rayines and the rest know that, but you might not.

EG
    I recall reading that vaguely, thanks for reinforcing it.

< Previous | Next >