mi piacerebbe venirti a salutare

me2004

italiano
Devo scrivere una mail ad una mia amica di Londra.
Come posso dire mi piacerebbe venirti a salutare? Spero che tu sarai liberi in quei giorni!
Grazie

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Holymaloney

English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Non mi piace "in those days." In questo contesto sarebbe meglio "in that period" o "that week" o "that weekend" (a seconda del periodo in questione)
    :thumbsup: Concordo! Anche a me suona decisamente meglio specificare il periodo;)
    '...I would love to see you. I hope you'll be free in that week/on that weekend/in that period...'
    '...I would love to meet up with you... [ ]'
    Saluti ;)

curiosone

AE - hillbilly ;)
    What about:

I'd love to come (over) and greet you
    The problem with the original context is that it isn't clear (to me) whether these two people have actually met (in person). They might be FaceBook friends (or "pen-pals"), who would like to meet for the first time, or they might be old friends who haven't seen each other in a while. At any rate, assuming they are old friends, Holymaloney's translation is perfect.

I don't think "greet" works at all, because it implies a very short "hello."

effeundici

Italian - Tuscany
    Mmh, interesting, passare a salutare qualcuno in Italian means something more than saying hello. For sure you are imagining having a coffee, chatting for a while and stuff like that.

The problem with the original context is that it isn't clear (to me) whether these two people have actually met (in person). They might be FaceBook friends (or "pen-pals"), who would like to meet for the first time, or they might be old friends who haven't seen each other in a while. At any rate, assuming they are old friends, Holymaloney's translation is perfect.

I don't think "greet" works at all, because it implies a very short "hello."

< Previous | Next >