miałem na wprost siebie skrzydło drzwi uchylonych na korytarz

zzjing

Chinese - Mandarin
Nie zmienił pozycji, wciąż oparty o szafę, ale w jego oczach ukazał się drobny błysk. Stojąc u pulpitu, miałem na wprost siebie skrzydło drzwi uchylonych na korytarz. Ściszyłem głos jeszcze bardziej:​

And the English translation of the sentence in the title:

I had a clear view of the open door to the corridor.​

Is this correct?

• jasio

No. :) on the contrary.

The door was only partially open, or even just not fully closed, leaving only a gap so he could not see the corridor. He could not even see if there was somebody overhearing the conversation on the corridor. This is what the word uchylony means. If the door were open, he would have used the word otwarty instead and would not mention skrzydło drzwi in front of him - which refers to the solid part of the door (door leaf?) which apparently blocked the view.

Perhaps that's why he silenced his voice.

zzjing

Chinese - Mandarin
    No. :) on the contrary.

The door was only partially open, or even just not fully closed, leaving only a gap so he could not see the corridor. He could not even see if there was somebody overhearing the conversation on the corridor. This is what the word uchylony means. If the door were open, he would have used the word otwarty instead and would not mention skrzydło drzwi in front of him - which refers to the solid part of the door (door leaf?) which apparently blocked the view.
    That's what I thought, based on Google Translate and the dictionary. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

< Previous | Next >