miff

Laly0717

Portuguese
Hey guys, I saw this comment on a friend's picture but have no idea what it means. I looked for the words and didn't find a definition. I'm guessing it's slang or something.. here it goes:

"Putin tu me donne tro fin la miff...:))"

It's a picture of a hamburger, so hmm I think he means "Putain tu me donnes trop faim....x" is that right? but then what is miff?

Merci d'avance!

• Jasmine tea

French - France
    "Putain! Tu me donnes trop faim, la meuf" is what I guess...

La meuff = la femme (en verlan)

It means, in this case, that the girl is very pretty on the picture

Laly0717

Portuguese
    Ohh, right.. Meuff.. But here's the thing, there isn't a girl in the picture haha. It's just a burger.. is 'ça me donne faim la meuff" an expression for "that makes me really hungry"??

Merci

Jasmine tea

French - France
    :D:D

Yes, it literally "lui donne faim" (makes him hungry)!
    But then, I think there must be a typing mistake, maybe he wanted to right "la biff" (bifteck = beefsteak)

Last edited by a moderator:

Corail*

Gex
    French
    I just came across this thread and I thought I should correct the mistake even though it's old. "miff" stands for famille / family. It's "verlan", a sort of backward slang used by young French people. So famille became mifa, and then miff. Here it's just used in an extended meaning for everybody the speaker likes, so it's like my friend, pal, buddy ...

joelooc

French (Provence)
    In case it's handwritten it could also be "la miss" it depends on the age and the origin of the friend (la miss belongs to the popular, somewhat dated, and sometimes rural register)