'might already know', or i have to use 'you might have already know(n)'

Linkinn

Vietnamese
Sorry for previous post. My Question is that in this sentence can I use 'might already know', or i have to use 'you might have already know(n)'. I'm confused. This is the sentence:

You might already know, but in case you haven't, we have a new Logistics manager.

The other thing: can i finishes the sentence as i did: ' soon afterwards anyway'. The sentence is:

In case of emergencies, the phone calls are acceptable; however the email should be directed to Mr A soon afterwards anyway.

Thanks

• cropje_jnr

English - Australia
    "You might already know" is fine. I don't see any need for the pluperfect here. The pluperfect would be the correct tense if your subsequent clause was also in the past tense.

"Soon afterwards anyway" is correct English, but I would suggest something along the lines of "as soon as possible anyway" may be more idiomatic. The articles before "phone calls" and "email" strike me as a bit odd too - are you referring to specific phone calls and a specific email? Otherwise, an indefinite article ("a") would be better for "email", with no article preceding "phone calls".

Note that the personal pronoun "I" must always be capitalised in English. ;)

kalamazoo

US, English
    You might already know this but in case you didn't, we have a new Logistics manager.

The tense seems fine to me.

< Previous | Next >