mind-numbing

Madonna Halim

Arabic
"To counter this pattern, I note five specific things that went well and write them down so I have a tangible reminder. This exercise helps stop the mind-numbing process of perseverating about past experiences."
What does "mind-numbing" mean here, the meaning in the dictionary is "boring or tedious", but I don't feel this meaning is relevant here.
Source: Teaching By Heart

• kentix

English - U.S.
    I would say the intention of the writer is it is mind-numbing in the sense of being obsessive. She would go over it in her mind all day, reliving it over and over and rejudging it, and not be able to concentrate on what she was supposed to be doing at that time. By writing down her thoughts immediately, she forms a finished judgement and doesn't leave it unsettled to obsess about later.

Madonna Halim

Arabic
    I would say the intention of the writer is it is mind-numbing in the sense of being obsessive. She would go over it in her mind all day, reliving it over and over and rejudging it, and not be able to concentrate on what she was supposed to be doing at that time. By writing down her thoughts immediately, she forms a finished judgement and doesn't leave it unsettled to obsess about late
    Can it give the meaning of "boring", reliving the past experiences over and over that's so boring?