minimum four hours billing

< Previous | Next >

flyingcat2008

china,chino
Installation and warranty services, provided by B company, that is covered as part of the equipment sale to the customer, will be invoiced to A company by B at our previously agreed cost at time of proposal or transaction to this customer. In the event there is no previous agreement, B company will provide this service at $79.00 per hour, portal to portal, minimum four (4) hours billing plus any air fare and other travel expenses.
(agreement, A company is the manufacturer, B company is agent/representative in another country)
HI, everyone!
How to understand "minimum four (4) hours billing"?
It means "B company will at least provide service for 4 hours every time?

Thank you, waiting:)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Esca

ATX
    USA - English
    I think your interpretation is right, although it's very late at night and things are a bit fuzzy in my head right now :)

Esca

ATX
    USA - English
    Ok, flyingcat :)
    It does mean that B company will provide the services for at least four hours. It implies that even if you only need one hour, you will still have to pay for four hours. (From the text: the least amount they can charge you [bill you] is for four hours.)
    I think they say this because traveling to your location to provide service for only one hour of pay would be a waste of their time.

Also, I would guess that this service ("installation and warranty") would probably only be used once. You only have to install something once, right? :)

By the way, what do you mean by "I am struggling for the long sentence in day?"

JamesM

I don't think that it states that company B will provide four hours of service. It specifies what company B will be paid by A Company for installation and warranty work not under a previous agreement.

Company B has the right to bill Company A for:

1) Four hours of billed service time (even if it took only ten minutes to fix the problem). If it takes more than four hours, Company B can bill Company A for the number of hours required at a rate of $79 per hour.

2) Airfare

3) Other travel expenses

This is only in the case where there is no previous agreement at the time of the proposal or sale to the customer.

flyingcat2008

china,chino
    Thank you,Esca James ! I read your explaination very carefully, and I have to think it over, you know the sentence for me is very complicated in my level now. So it's very hard~

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    I agree with James. Company A has to pay Company B the fee for at least four hours of service, even if the service did not take that long.

flyingcat2008

china,chino
    I found another question(confused by such sentence),so hope you help me again!!
    James, I have read your explaination very carefully.And I was inspired by it very much.Now I have another thought,is it right?
    I consider it into two conditions:
    1) less than four hours:
    So company A has to pay:$79×4,+Airfare, + Other travel expenses
    2)more than four hours:
    So company A has to pay:$79×4,+Airfare, + Other travel expenses, + $79×extra hours
    But my question is how to define the scope of "four hours"? Take the second condition for example(more than four hours), I guess it means "it takes more than four hours from departure of company B to the end of service OR "it takes more than four hours from departure of company B to service field"(like departure from company B to a service field in New york)
    I am doing a translation about it, and It is very important to make it clear to my boss.I have to ask your native speaker for help.So please help me.Thank you!

flyingcat2008

china,chino
    If company B takes 5 hours traveling, but it only takes half an hour to fix the problem(in the service field).In this case, it apply to the meaning of "more than 4 fours"?

kalamazoo

US, English
    You are paying "portal to portal" which I think is measured from the time the service person arrives at your premises to the time the service person leaves your premises. You will have to pay for at least four hours even if the person spends less than four hours. If the service person spends 10 minutes you will pay for four hours. If the service person spends four hours, you will pay for four hours. If the service person spends five hours you will pay for five hours.

Esca

ATX
    USA - English
    flyingcat,

If company B takes 5 hours in travel and half an hour to fix the problem, the customer would be billed for 5.5 hours (5.5 x $79 + airfare + travel expenses).

If the travel time was 1 hour and it took another half an hour to fix the problem (total of 1.5 hours), the customer would be billed for the 4-hour minimum (4 x $79 + airfare + travel expenses).

JamesM

flyingcat,

If company B takes 5 hours in travel and half an hour to fix the problem, the customer would be billed for 5.5 hours (5.5 x $79 + airfare + travel expenses).

If the travel time was 1 hour and it took another half an hour to fix the problem (total of 1.5 hours), the customer would be billed for the 4-hour minimum (4 x $79 + airfare + travel expenses).
    No, I think this is incorrect. I agree with Kalamazoo. If the billing is based on "portal to portal", Company B can invoice for travel expenses but not travel time. If it takes five hours to travel and half an hour to fix the problem, the customer would be billed for the travel expenses plus the minimum of 4 hours service time at $79 per hour.

< Previous | Next >