mise en concurrence

< Previous | Next >

dav

france
Hi, I'd like to know how can I translate this sentence in a legal context. For instance, this contract "repose sur une mise en concurrence".
Thank you!!

• romenk

Bulgaria
    Not to sound rude, but "This contract depends on a competitive call" makes no sence. Dav probably should provide more context (what the particular paragraph is about) to get a more accurate translation.

dav

france
    It is quite difficult to provide more context because it is a legal proceedings in competitive law. For instance, if you decided to sell something you have to use this form of proceedings in order to the applicants get the same break..Thanks

CARNESECCHI

French / France
    Hello,
    In that case, it sould be "ce contrat impose une mise en concurrence" = "this contract implies/demands a competitive call"
    Hope it helps!

french4beth

US-English
    Is "mise en concurrence" similar to "appel d'offres" or putting something out to bid (i.e. municipal contract)? I can't find a good definition (in French or in English) of this term...
    Also - in this context, could 'reposer' mean 'contingent upon'?

CARNESECCHI

French / France
    hello,
    Yes, it's about bidding and competition between supplyers.
    yes, "contigent upon" = "depends on" = "est contigent à" = "cannot be done if the demand is not fulfilled" = "impose"
    Then if you want a "bidding contest" or "competitive sources/sourcing", you need to make a "competitive call"
    Hope it helps!

CARNESECCHI

French / France
    hello, again
    Just to be sure I'm clear : "appel d'offres" does not imply many answers, it's a call for a solution to a problem, one can be enough. In dav post, the company/administration demands more than one bidder, and if less than two give an answer, there will be a problem!!
    Hope it helps!

< Previous | Next >