Missile X-Card

< Previous | Next >

Garin

Czech - Czechia
Hello, everyone!
In Chicago PD show the cops are looking for a perpetrator. The police sergeant says:
We check city-wide and in the suburbs on missile x-cards and information reports on any attempted abductions or suspicious calls.
I am afraid I have never heard of "missile x-cards" before. Could you please explain what it is and what is the difference between them and the common reports?

• entangledbank

English - South-East England
    As it relates to abductions, could it be missing something, not missile - missing person reports of some kind?

Garin

Czech - Czechia
    Funny thing, the only place where I have found the exact wording of this strange expression is here:
    Second City Cop: More Silly Calls
    In the "Comments" section, an Anonymous, presumably a cop, says:
    "...We followed procedure and inventoried the dog and placed it in the animal pens in the garage. When we came to work the next night the dog and all the paperwork, including the Missile-X card was missing. Somebody got a nice dog."
    It looks like some kind of a cop slang, maybe?

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    This is jargon specific to the Chicago Police Department. "Missle" is the Chicago PD's spoken abbreviation for "miscellaneous." A "Missle X card" (or, if you prefer, a "miscel-x card) is a Chicago police term for something formally called a "miscellaneous incident report." It is an actual card (about 3 by 5 inches), and is completed in certain cases in place of a full police report to record information about incidents that have happened.

< Previous | Next >