Missing members

Foraneo

Español Argentina (tierra adentro)
I wonder and ask you if anyone knows, what happened to some notable members who suddenly disappeared. I am referring mainly to Cuchuflete. Also eno2, from Canarias. Does anyone know what happened to them?

• User With No Name

English - U.S. (Texas)
    I've also noticed the sudden absence of some longtime, frequent posters. (I won't name any names.)

Of course, I hope that they just found a more exciting hobby.

But it does occur to me that everyone today is supposed to include things like email and social media accounts in their planning for a certain unpleasant but inevitable event, and it wouldn't hurt to include WordReference in those plans, especially in the case of people who have been active here for a long time.

Sowka

Forera und Moderatorin
    German, Northern Germany
    For me, too, there are a few members for whom I'd shed tears of joy if I saw them post again (thus knowing that they are safe).
    include things like email and social media accounts in their planning for a certain unpleasant but inevitable event, and it wouldn't hurt to include WordReference in those plans
    :thumbsup: I updated my data and documents recently, and WordReference is indeed one of the online addresses to be informed if something undesirable happened to me.

In the course of the years, I have been offline now and then. I remember that I had times when I suddenly felt overwhelmed by offline and online obligations, and so I had to disconnect for a while. Whenever I can, I let people know about a planned absence, but in June, I was in a place where I expected to have Internet, and I did indeed have Internet, but my laptop wasn't able to connect. :rolleyes: :p So I stayed "off" for two weeks without having planned it. These things happen.

Foraneo

I've also noticed the sudden absence of some longtime, frequent posters. (I won't name any names.)

Of course, I hope that they just found a more exciting hobby.

In the course of the years, I have been offline now and then. I remember that I had times when I suddenly felt overwhelmed by offline and online obligations, and so I had to disconnect for a while.
    Yes, there are undoubtedly many who find another hobby or have got obligations. But in the Cuchuflete's case, he was one of the founders of WR, he was a moderator, he posted very frequently (he had more than 46 thousand posts) and was a reference of WR (excuse me for the redundancy). So it doesn't look like he was going to change his hobby. Besides, he was well known around here. That's why I think there must be someone who knows what happened to him.

Roxxxannne

American English (New England and NYC)
    Yes, there are undoubtedly many who find another hobby or have got obligations. But in the Cuchuflete's case, he was one of the founders of WR, he was a moderator, he posted very frequently (he had more than 46 thousand posts) and was a reference of WR (excuse me for the redundancy). So it doesn't look like he was going to change his hobby. Besides, he was well known around here. That's why I think there must be someone who knows what happened to him.
    I'm intrigued by cuchuflete too (not sure whether they are male or female) since I've seen posts that suggest we have fewer than three degrees of separation from each other outside of WR.

Foraneo

I'm intrigued by cuchuflete too (not sure whether they are male or female) since I've seen posts that suggest we have fewer than three degrees of separation from each other outside of WR.
    He (I always thought he was an old man), was from Maine. If you live in New York indeed you were quite close each other.

Roxxxannne

American English (New England and NYC)
    He (I always thought he was an old man), was from Maine. If you live in New York indeed you were quite close each other.
    Oh, I'm talking about the same part of Maine -- that's where I'm from. New York and my part of Maine are about 700 km apart; from what I've seen, cuchuflete and I lived no more than about 35 km apart.

Foraneo

Yes, when someone who has constant activity suddenly stop it at all, we have to think something happened to them. If they are besides senior veteran people, I always think something bad. I hope to be wrong but cannot help those thoughts.

chamyto

Spanish
    This is the same when I used to enter the forums regularly and now I don't participate as much as I want.

I'm sure those who know me from 2009 will have made the same question at the time I have "disappeared" for a while. Just you could send him/ her a PM :confused:

Foraneo

I'm sure those who know me from 2009 will have made the same question at the time I have "disappeared" for a while. Just you could send him/ her a PM :confused:
    I already sent them PM. No answer. Cuchuflete has been a consistent member and moderator since WR's started. He has more than 46 thousand posts. He disappeared overnight in 2010. Don't you think it's a bit weird?