Moderator vacancy?

< Previous | Next >

MrMuselk

English - South East England
I noticed that @Aryamp, part of the moderator team, has been absent since 2016. (But I don’t know which forums he moderates, can anyone help with that?) Does that mean there is a vacancy in the moderator team? (I’m not asking to be one, but I’m just thinking that might mean one of the forums is undermoderated).
PS: Could someone add in the list of staff members which forums and sub forums the moderator works in? That could be helpful.

• mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    Hi, each forum has a list of moderators at the bottom. At the bottom of this forum, you can see two moderators listed. While I don't think there is a single page listing who does what, you can find that information on those pages.

MrMuselk

Hi, each forum has a list of moderators at the bottom. At the bottom of this forum, you can see two moderators listed. While I don't think there is a single page listing who does what, you can find that information on those pages.
    Thank you, Mr Kellogg. But this doesn’t answer my original question: Is there a vacancy in the moderator team?

MrMuselk

A vacancy? No, there is no particular vacancy that we are trying to fill now.
    Thanks, I was just wondering, since there being a Mod missing might mean a forum is under-moderated. Am I being confusing?

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    Haha. I know what you are getting at. We have a number of smaller forums that get along fine without a moderator. Aryamp covered our Indo-Iranian forum. If we need better moderation there, we will pick someone active in that forum who has a good knowledge of the languages involved. Our larger forums like Spanish, French and Italian have good teams and they recruit whenever they are feeling overwhelmed.

MrMuselk

Haha. I know what you are getting at. We have a number of smaller forums that get along fine without a moderator. Aryamp covered our Indo-Iranian forum. If we need better moderation there, we will pick someone active in that forum who has a good knowledge of the languages involved. Our larger forums like Spanish, French and Italian have good teams and they recruit whenever they are feeling overwhelmed.
    Good to know. Thanks for the clarification, Mr Kellogg (can I call you Mike? It feels too friendly to call the Admin of a forum by their first name :D I’ve always addressed Mods as Mr/Mrs X, etc.)

< Previous | Next >