New Member
In the sentence " this study investigates the modulatory effects of the hormone...", is the word "modulatory" correct? I have found only "modulator and modulating" in English dictionaries, but in a Google seach the use of modulatory is more frequent. Thanks for the help!
  • Egmont

    Senior Member
    English - U.S.
    It may not be an official word in the dictionaries, but it's a common construction from the verb "to modulate." "Modulatory effects" means that the hormone has the effect of modulating something.
    < Previous | Next >