monitoring

chuann6

English India
I have another doubt:

A minumum number of technicans will have access to the server to ensure accountability and monitoring the security data is in place.

My try :

Un nombre minimum de techniciens aura accès au serveur afin de s'assurer de la mise en place de la responsabilisation et du suivi de la sécurité des données.

Woiuld be glad of feedback from a locuteur natif. :)

• Saddith

French - France
    Hi,

Your translation is grammatically perfect and fully understandable ;)
    The only thing we could say (if we are picky), is that in your sentence, we could understand that "mise en place de la responsabilisation" and "suivi de la sécurité des données" are two distinct parts, or in the english version, "in place" concerns the two parts"
    So you could change it a little bit to have :
    "[...] s'assurer que la responsabilisation et le suivi de la sécurité des données sont mis en place".

But still, it would be very picky ;)

chuann6

English India
    Hey, thanks Saddith! Your suggestion is very valid as I am a bit on the picky side. I do enjoy nuancing....
    One question though! Does suivi work here or would it be surveillance? (I was trying, in fact to choose between the two, but phrased my question differently as I did have a doubt about that).

Saddith

French - France
    For me "suivi" means that a real follow up is made and "surveillance" is more just keep an eye on it in case of something goes wrong.
    Nevertheless, you could also use "monitoring", which is less "grammatically correct" but is a common anglicism ;)

chuann6

English India
    OK. I thought suivi might be better but you are right one often sees English words in French IT documents. Perhaps I will use "suivi" though!

Merci Saddith!:)