montage des spot publicitaires

Kelimutu

English GB
Hi everyone,
in the context of advertising - I have the following line (in a cv in fact)

Etablissement des ordres de montages des spot publicitaires

This person seems to be working in a media buying department because his other roles include producing a weekly sales report and checking on competitor actvitiy - so rather than taking order to make commmercials I think what it means is this person took orders from the client for placing commercials on the TV. However it is not actually media buying, which would be buying the spots from the TV stations.
Do you agree with me?

Thanks in advance for your opinions

• pills_fr

French
    Hello,
    the line isn't very clear; advertising-speak no doubt ;)
    Maybe giving a few more related lines from the cv would make it clearer, however
    I agree that it's not related to buying the spots.

Montage, in a TV context, usually means mixing / editing (i.e. putting all the scenes together); this would imply that the person was working on the production of the spots themselves -or at least, the administrative part regarding ordering the spot editing (to an ad agency for instance) ?
    There may be another sense for the word in this context, but I don't know about it...

Kelimutu

English GB
    yes: I agree its not clear -
    the other lines are:
    suivi facturation et recouvrement clients
    tenue de rapport commercial hebdomadaire
    établissement des piges et suivi des plans média
    gesion des incidents de diffusion: recours après des télévisions; infomation vers les annoceurs; et recalage des compensations

so as you see it is very much media management stuff and nothing to do with creative process - I don't think its mixing or editing either - since its taking orders.
    hmmn!

pills_fr

French
    Given the additional lines you provided, I would tend to say that "établissement des ordres" is a way to say "[Doing the paperwork related to] commercial / administrative ordering" of... whatever. It sounds like an administrative job, much like "suivi facturation" or "établissement des piges" (i.e. writing / sending / cheking on bills, recruiting temp workers, etc)

Kelimutu

English GB
    Great!!! thanks for your input, Pills
    by the way "établissement des piges" has a specific media context - in English it is Adex monitoring - ie checking out what the other advertisers are placing in the media
    comme quoi!!
    kelimutu