monthly settlement against payment after 90 days

Bigbenparliament

Korean
I need a help to translate and understand a sentence from a contract.

I am the supplier in the sentence below. First of all, I would like to know if the grammar is okay.

"For supplier, our basic accounting period is monthly settlement against payment after 90 days."

1) If the grammar is correct.

2) What is the writer's intention in the sentence? does it mean that the writer(buyer) wants to pay the money after 90 days?

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Hello, Bigbenparliament. :)

Did you write this? Or is this a sentence from something someone else wrote?
    What grammar point do you think may be incorrect.

Bigbenparliament

Korean
    Hello, Bigbenparliament. :)

Did you write this? Or is this a sentence from something someone else wrote?
    What grammar point do you think may be incorrect.
    This is a sentence someone else wrote. I was kind of confusing what it means exactly. I do not know exactly whether the grammar is wrong or not. But I wanted to translate it. And I was asking what I understood is right with the sentence.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Thank you. :)

I think you understand it correctly, but I am confused by 'monthly payment'. Are you going to be supplying them regularly over a period of time? If so, I think they plan to make regular monthly payments, beginning in 90 days. If not, I don't know what it means.

I hope someone who knows more than I do about business language sees this thread and answers. I changed the title to attract their attention.

Bigbenparliament

Korean
    Thank you. :)

I think you understand it correctly, but I am confused by 'monthly payment'. Are you going to be supplying them regularly over a period of time? If so, I think they plan to make regular monthly payments, beginning in 90 days. If not, I don't know what it means.

I hope someone who knows more than I do about business language sees this thread and answers. I changed the title to attract their attention.
    Thank you so much for your help and advice, Cagey!

< Previous | Next >