More....between/among? Instead of "more.....than''

Dilbarhossainchy

Bengali
"Which fruit is more healthful between mango and apple?''

would you mind letting me know whether the question above is correct instead of the structure ''more.....than''?

• lingobingo

English - England
    Healthful? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this word used before. We normally describe food that’s good for you as healthy food, or foods (BE).

Morethan wouldn’t make sense in your question. You’re not comparing the two fruits; you’re asking someone to distinguish between them, so it’s OK as it is. However, there’s no actual need for the word between at all:

Which is the healthier fruit, mango or apple? :thumbsup:

Dilbarhossainchy

Bengali
    Healthful? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this word used before. We normally describe food that’s good for you as healthy food, or foods (BE). Morethan wouldn’t make sense in your question. You’re not comparing the two fruits; you’re asking someone to distinguish between them, so it’s OK as it is. However, there’s no actual need for the word between at all: Which is the healthier fruit, mango or apple? :thumbsup:
    Healthful? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this word used before. We normally describe food that’s good for you as healthy food, or foods (BE). Morethan wouldn’t make sense in your question. You’re not comparing the two fruits; you’re asking someone to distinguish between them, so it’s OK as it is. However, there’s no actual need for the word between at all: Which is the healthier fruit, mango or apple? :thumbsup:
    Thousands of thanks to you sir.