more commonly known as / also known as

Rozza

UK - English
Hi, ive got a small Spanish presentation to make, ive decided to do my presentation on LA. I might need a few words here and there so help is appreciated.

how could i say: more commonly known as? (also known as will do)

Thanks

• micafe

Spanish - Colombia
    Más conocido como ....
    También conocido como...

:)

Sorry, My bad.
    If you're talking about a city it would be feminine: 'conocida'

Juan Carlos Garling

Spanish Chile/Argentina
    Hi, ive got a small Spanish presentation to make, ive decided to do my presentation on LA. I might need a few words here and there so help is appreciated.

how could i say: more commonly known as? (also known as will do)

Thanks
    Chicago, the Windy City.
    Chicago, comunmente conocida como la Ciudad de los Vientos.

Hollywood, the Mecca of movies production.
    Hollywood, comunmente conocida como la Meca del cine.

Los Angeles, the city of ... (what does it offer besides smog?)

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Hi Rozza... and welcome to WordReference.

You will notice I changed your thread's title (which used to read simply "talking about a city" and therefore was too vague PLUS it wasn't the actual term you needed help with) .

From now on, please write down the actual term (or the full phrase, when applicable) on the title of each new thread you open, as this
    1) assists and is directly linked our dictionaries' Search function, and
    2) provides at-a-glance thread differentiation.

Thanks in advance for your future cooperation in this regard. :thumbsup:

Saludos,
    LN - Mod.

Since you’re fairly new to our fora, if you want to become better acquainted with our procedures and idiosyncrasies, please read our Forum Guidelines and Rules, available here.

Rozza

UK - English
    haha, am gonna say:

Los Angeles comunmente conocida como 'LA' o 'City Of Angels', el es la segunda ciudad más grande de los Estados Unidos. La población de la ciudad de Los Angeles estimada a aproximadamente tres millones ochocientos mil.

Rozza

UK - English
    You will notice I changed your thread's title (which used to read simply "talking about a city" and therefore was too vague PLUS it wasn't the actual term you needed help with) .

From now on, please write down the actual term (or the full phrase, when applicable) on the title of each new thread you open, as this
    1) assists and is directly linked our dictionaries' Search function, and
    2) provides at-a-glance thread differentiation.

Thanks in advance for your future cooperation in this regard. :thumbsup:
    Sorry about that, i didnt know it was linked with the dictionaries, i just didnt want to clutter the forum with loads of questions about how to describe a city.

Juan Carlos Garling

Spanish Chile/Argentina
    haha, am gonna say:

Los Angeles comunmente conocida como 'LA' o 'City Of Angels', el es la segunda ciudad más grande de los Estados Unidos. La población de la ciudad de Los Angeles estimada a aproximadamente tres millones ochocientos mil.
    Los Angeles, comunmente conocida como 'LA' o 'City of Angels', (el):cross: es la segunda ciudad más grande de los Estados Unidos. (La):cross: Su población (de la ciudad de Los Angeles):cross: es estimada (a):cross:en aproximadamente tres millones ochocientos mil.

I would eliminate .. de la ciudad de.. for the sake of fluidity.

Rozza

UK - English
    Thanks JCG, if i was to put California instead of Estados Unidos, would it be:

La ciudad más grande (de/del/en) California. ??

Im pretty sure i dont need to put primera in there, do i?

< Previous | Next >