more enthusiastic about costumes than is sometimes appropriate

dhejejjeskms

Korean
Hi, everyone.

I was wondering if "I’m more enthusiastic about costumes than is sometimes appropriate." is correct and natural.
It seemed that "I’m more enthusiastic about costumes sometimes more than it is appropriate.” is correct but I am not sure about that.
Would you explain about that?
(It is from a Toronto Sun article.)

The photo appears in the 2000-2001 school yearbook and went unnoticed until a story was published by Time Magazine along with confirmation from Trudeau’s campaign team that it was in fact him.

As he faced media questions on his campaign plane, Trudeau admitted that he had done this on another occasion.

“When I was in high school I dressed up at a talent show and sang Day O with make-up on,” Trudeau.

“I’m more enthusiastic about costumes than is sometimes appropriate,” Trudeau said with a nod to his trip to India.

Thank you very much.

• Hermione Golightly

British English
    “I’m more enthusiastic about costumes than is sometimes appropriate, ”
    This is correct. 'Sometimes' could also be placed after 'I'm'.

"I’m more enthusiastic about costumes, sometimes more than it is appropriate.”
    You don't want 'more' twice and 'it' is not correct. I'm tempted to put a comma after 'costumes'.
    The revision is awkward stylistically and doesn't say exactly the same thing.

dhejejjeskms

Korean
    This is correct. 'Sometimes' could also be placed after 'I'm'.

You don't want 'more' twice and 'it' is not correct. I'm tempted to put a comma after 'costumes'.
    The revision is awkward stylistically and doesn't say exactly the same thing.
    Thank you very much, Hermione Golightly.
    You are right, I don't crave for 'more' and 'it' . :)

< Previous | Next >