more taste in clothes

< Previous | Next >

jokaec

Chinese - Hong Kong
He has more and more taste in clothes. For example, he wears a suit with handkerchief in the pocket and a vest inside.

Is my usage of "more and more taste in clothes" correct? Thank you!

• natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    Your example does not seem to me to be about taste. Having a pocket square or having a waistcoat on is about looking 'sharp' or 'snazzy' or 'smart'. Having taste in clothes is, for me, more about the quality of the material, or the cut, or the patterns and colours of the items.

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    "More and more" may not be the best way to express the idea, but it does make perfect sense to me, provided the comment is intended to mean that his taste has been improving over time.

jokaec

Chinese - Hong Kong
    Your example does not seem to me to be about taste. Having a pocket square or having a waistcoat on is about looking 'sharp' or 'snazzy' or 'smart'. Having taste in clothes is, for me, more about the quality of the material, or the cut, or the patterns and colours of the items.
    Thank you, natkretep.
    Before, I only know "You look fashioned or cool". Now I know more , "You look sharp or snazzy or smart".

Juhasz

English - United States
    Not really. It's not the style of dress that has taste, it's the person. I like You Little Ripper's suggestions: your taste in clothes gets better and better.

< Previous | Next >