movie theater concessions worker

• Schrodinger's_Cat

American English
    Thanks to all of you for your contributions.

So, the general consensus is : Il bibitaro (m.) and la bibitara (f.), right!?

N.B. You'll find concessions workers selling concessions to spectators at various events (sports events, recreation parks, Disney themes parks and whatever-theme-parks that are out there, etc.)

Isn't it "omino" derogative?

But, I also heard of "L' omino verde" which is funny

Last edited:

ElFrikiChino

Italian (Mantova)
    Thanks to all of you for your contributions.

So, the general consus is : Il bibitaro (m.) and la bibitara (f.), right!?

N.B. You'll find concessions workers selling concessions to spectators at various events (sports events, recreation parks, Disney themes parks and whatever-theme-parks that are out there, etc.)

Isn't it "omino" derogative?

But, I also heard of "L' omino verde" which is funny

If the context is somewhat serious, you might prefer "l'addetto alla vendita delle bibite" or "l'addetto al chiosco di ristorazione" as suggested by Teerex.
    If you're talking to your friend, you can easily say bibitaro/paninaro/omino delle bibite. I use omino a lot, and I never mean it as derogatory. I just use omino when there is no specific term for that job/man/whatever or it would be too long, like in his thread :)

Teerex51

Italian
    Heck no, Ben :eek:

Bibitaro is what they call them in Rome, although it's concise and to the point.
    Addetto alla ristorazione, while a bit pretentious, is probably the best bet.