Movilidad interna a causa de la violencia

Heredianista

English - USA
I am translating a document entitled, "HOJA DE RUTA DE COORDINACIÓN INTERINSTITUCIONAL PARA ATENCIÓN Y PROTECCIÓN INTEGRAL DE LAS VÍCTIMAS DE MOVILIDAD INTERNA A CAUSA DE LA VIOLENCIA".

In the document, the following definition is provided:
"Movilidad interna a causa de violencia: Situación en la que una persona o grupo de personas que de manera directa o indirecta ha sufrido algún tipo de violencia, intimidación o amenaza contra su vida, integridad y libertad, se traslada de su lugar de origen o residencia a otro, dentro del mismo territorio, de manera coaccionada."

How would you translate "Movilidad interna a causa de violencia"? "Domestic displacement caused by violence"?

• Heredianista

English - USA
    Domestic migration due to violence?
    Thank you for your suggestion. Yet, the term's definition includes people who have to move from one home to another. That could be on the same street. Migration encompasses larger trajectories than that.

I do prefer "due to", though.

Heredianista

English - USA
    I would find “displacement” too dramatic for that. How about “relocation”?
    These are people fleeing organized crime (MS-13) violence in El Salvador. The circumstances are horrific. They often have to flee the country.

Often they're fleeing because family members have already been murdered and they have been told that if they don't pay up, they're next. And they don't have the money.