MSW - Municipal Solid Waste

mazzo

England, English
Does anyone happen to know if there is a French phrase that is the equivalent to Municipal Solid Waste? I could just use déchet but I was wondering if there was something more specific/ technical.

Any ideas?

• jann

co-mod'
    English - USA
    It is what you bring to the MSW :cross:
    MSW isn't a place, tilt... but it is a "technical" term. ;)

I believe the equivalent for MSW is déchets solides urbains, but I would be more comfortable if a native speaker or an engineer could confirm that.

KatishaKat

India English, Hindi
    MSW isn't a place, tilt... but it is a "technical" term. ;)

I believe the equivalent for MSW is déchets solides urbains, but I would be more comfortable if a native speaker or an engineer could confirm that.
    Hi it is "déchets solides urbains"
    Checked google and the types of sites referring to it - a lot of official french orgs and government related sites.
    voilà!

tilt

French French
    municipal means of or pertaining to a town or city or to its corporate or local government. Therefore, urban. It's not that strange really!
    Municipal in French, refers only to things relative the local government. Urbain refers to anything relative to towns, by oppostion to rural.
    Thus, déchets urbains and déchets municipaux are different things, as the latter ones are wastes produced by the local government itself.

< Previous | Next >