mu humps

T&I

Spanish
Hi guys:

I´ve been reading these lyrics from the Black Eyed Peas and ther´s somo words I don`´t understand, that is, I can´t find the correct meaning:

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.

If you could help me,

thanks

• timpeac

English (England)
    Hi Carmenloac. Both "junk" and "trunk" are in the WR dictionary - what's the problem? As far as I can see this song is just using these words with their standard meaning, no set-phrase or metaphor etc.

timpeac

English (England)
    carmenloac said:
    but, do you need these to get drunk? I don´t understand.
    I think they probably just wrote that because it rhymes - it makes no sense altogether to me either. "I'ma", by the way, means "I'm going to" - I think.

Yôn

English
    JUNK and TRUNK in this case have NOTHING to do with stuff and a wooden case or the thing on the back of a car!

They refer to having a large arse. She's not actually going to get them drunk in the sense of alcohol, but is instead going to "hypnotyze" (sp?) them so to speak by swinging her large arse around. The first line doesn't mean anything until the second line is added:

What you gon' do with all that junk? <- junk could mean anything
    All that junk inside your trunk? <- makes it clear that junk + trunk is refering to a large arse.

The third and fourth line both need to be together, or once again the meaning is not right:

I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk, <- drunk could be in the alcohol sense
    Get you love drunk off my hump. <- but now it is clear that drunk is in the sense I said above.

Jon

< Previous | Next >