mud skunk

zazabocson

french
I have found in a text the sentence «I worked in the woods, toiled on the 'mud skunk'??, and fished for a living»
I can't find anything about mud skunk anywhere, would somebody know what it means?

• Bender_Bending_Rodriguez

English - Canadian
    Why does the sentence not have any spaces?

Sounds like "the Mudskunk" might be the name of a fishing boat. If it isn't then I don't know.

Did this sentence have something to do with the game World of Warcraft? Everything I'm seeing on Google about "mudskunk" is about that game, and it seems to be a kind of fish in the game so naming a fishing boat after it would make sense.

zazabocson

french
    Why does the sentence not have any spaces?

Sounds like "the Mudskunk" might be the name of a fishing boat. If it isn't then I don't know.

Did this sentence have something to do with the game World of Warcraft? Everything I'm seeing on Google about "mudskunk" is about that game, and it seems to be a kind of fish in the game so naming a fishing boat after it would make sense.
    I don't know why the sentence does not have spaces. I copied it from the text, and it had spaces. It should read : I worked in the woods, toiled on the «mud skunk», and fished for a living.
    You are right, except that there is no capital M, but it may have been forgotten. Besides, it took place in the 1920s, so no link to World of Warcraft! I had looked on Google too...
    Thanks anyways, because I thought it might be a machine but I looked, and looked, and asked, and nobody has ever heard of it. So, I think you are right! I was just stuck on my first idea. Thanks.

< Previous | Next >