Multiethnic

wahoomb

Chile, English and Spanish
Hi, I am trying to translate this:

In a world where so many multi-ethnic states exist, the creation of national identity is an important concept to understand. Countries with ethnically and linguistically diverse populations are at more of a disadvantage than racially homogenous countries when it comes to creating a sense of nationalism in their populations.

I translated it something like this:
Dans un monde où il existe tellement de pays multiethniques, la création d'une identité nationale est un concept important pour comprendre. Des pays avec populations qui sont divers en termes de langue et de race sont en désavantage en comparaison avec des pays homogènes quand ils veulent créer un sentiment de nationalisme parmi leurs populations.

Thanks in advance!

• SwissPete

Français (CH), AE (California)
    Je me permets quelques suggestions:
    Dans un monde où il existe tellement de pays multiethniques, la création d'une identité nationale est un concept important pour à comprendre. Des Les pays avec des populations qui sont diverses en termes de langue et de race sont en désavantage en comparaison avec des les pays homogènes quand ils veulent il s'agit de créer un sentiment de nationalisme parmi leurs populations.

Cath.S.

français de France
    It's better to spell multi-ethnique. These days people don't bother much about hyphens, but they are still seen as necessary when the first word ends with a vowel while the second one begins with one, because it makes for uneasy reading.
    So multi-ethnique, but multiracial.

wahoomb

Chile, English and Spanish
    Thank you very much to the two of you, your comments have been really helpful!!

< Previous | Next >