murmurs, rubs or gallops

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member

ho bisogno del vostro aiuto!
Non so come tradurre queste tre parole "murmurs, rubs and gallopps".
Le ho trovate in un referto medico quando si parla del cuore.

Murmurs se non sbaglio dovrebbe indicare i soffi al cuore, ma non ho idea delle altre due parole.

Grazie in anticipo a tutti!
Last edited by a moderator:
  • TimLA

    Member Emeritus
    English - US

    Solitamente si dice "there were no murmurs, rubs or gallops".

    Sarebbe qualcosa come "senza soffi, gli sfregamenti o il galoppo"
    Last edited:


    Senior Member
    Ciao :)

    Non me ne intendo (adesso magari faccio qualche ricerca), ma gallops potrebbe essere riferito alla tachicardia.

    Wikipedia says:

    Heart murmurs are produced as a result of turbulent flow of blood, turbulence sufficient to produce audible noise. They are usually heard as a whooshing sound. Sounds like soffi to me. :thumbsup:

    A gallop rhythm refers to a (usually abnormal) rhythm of the heart on auscultation. It includes three or four sounds, thus resembling the sounds of a gallop. I don't know if it's tachicardia or aritmia - the abnormal rhythm thing makes me think of the second though.
    Edit: In condizioni patologiche esistono i termini tecnici di galoppo ventricolare e galoppo atriale.

    As for the rubs:

    Rubs: Patients with pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart (pericardium), may have an audible pericardial friction rub. This is a characteristic scratching, creaking, high-pitched sound emanating from the rubbing of both layers of inflamed pericardium. It is the loudest in systole, but can often be heard at the beginning and at the end of diastole. It is very dependent on body position and breathing, and changes from hour to hour.
    Edit: Pericardial friction rub = sfregamento pericardico (bravo Tim!)
    Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >