Music Release - Legal

Solegrl

spanish
How would you translate this into Spanish? it is an agreement between a performer and a talent agency......Contrato de cesion de derechos de autor?
thanks

• ac552

Español - Chile
    Let me clarify something:
    - the performer is authorizing the agency to use some rights for a while or for ever?
    - the agency is a record company?
    - can you give me some feedback to answer your question?
    In Spanish we have several contracts for that purpose, but there are some differences: licencia, cesión and agencia, among others.
    Best,
    A.

Solegrl

spanish
    Hi A, thanks for your quick reply!! it is an advertising agency and the person is authorizing the use of some recorded materials, tracks, in perpetuity.

ac552

Español - Chile
    My Gosh!!!
    Well, as a translator, I would use "Autorizacion de Uso de Obra Musical" (it is a license), because the contract purpose is authorize some uses of some recorded materials. You can say that, even when the license is in perpetuity.
    However, when a license is in perpetuity and exclusive, it does not seem as an "autorización" or "licencia". In such case, as a lawyer, it would translate as a "Cesión", because you are transfering rights, not just autorizing uses.
    Best,
    A.

Solegrl

spanish
    it is a NON-EXCLUSIVE, irrevocable right and license to use the recorded musical selection(s), but it IS in perpetuity, should I use " Contrato de Cesion de Uso de Obra Musical" ?

< Previous | Next >