mutt-ch

< Previous | Next >

liangweipeng

Chinese-China
Hi~

Could you tell me the meaning of "mutt-ch" in the following context:

One handsome hound will take home the title of Top Dog and win $500 cash, a feature in Arizona Foothills Magazine, and mutt-ch more!

• Hercules Grytpype-Thynne

English - U.S.
    I don't think so. It just means literally "much more" (i.e., the complete list of winnings would include more than just the $500 prize and magazine article that are specifically mentioned). The word "mutt" is thrown in simply because (a) it sounds like part of "much", (b) it is dog-related, and (c) the speaker/writer thought it would be funny.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    No. It's a pun reflecting the way 'much more' is pronounced.
    Edited: I have no idea at all how it could possibly mean "The hound will mate with different kinds of dogs?". I mean: none whatsoever. I'm not even sure what exactly the word 'hound' means!:D

Last edited:

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    Does it mean that The hound will mate with different kinds of dogs?
    Perhaps the "much more" that he was going to get includes the opportunity to "mate with different kinds of dogs".:) We don't know. But if you could please give us your source and some context as Heypresto requested in #4, it might be clearer.

liangweipeng

Chinese-China
    I don't think so. It just means literally "much more" (i.e., the complete list of winnings would include more than just the $500 prize and magazine article that are specifically mentioned). The word "mutt" is thrown in simply because (a) it sounds like part of "much", (b) it is dog-related, and (c) the speaker/writer thought it would be funny.
    thanks!!!

kentix

English - U.S.
    Hound is just another synonym for dog and happens to alliterate with handsome.

This article is the queen of the synonym droppers.

AZ Foothills presents the 7th annual Dog Days of Summer Cutest Dog Contest! If you’re the proud parent of a precious pooch then we want to see you and your fur baby at our canine casting call. One handsome hound will take home the title of Top Dog and win $500 cash, a feature in Arizona Foothills Magazine, and mutt-ch more!

Stop by anytime during the two hour event to sign your pup up.

kentix

English - U.S.
    "and mutt-ch more" probably includes things like one or more of the following: a supply of dog food, dog treats, a new collar, dog toys, a free grooming, etc.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >