Mutual advance, mutual progress and mutual benefit

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Hello everyone, I have two terms which confuse me, then I make a sentence of it:

Communication online by talking to others indeed is a way that conduce to mutual progress.
Communication online by talking to others indeed is a way that conduce to mutual benefit.
Communication online by talking to others indeed is a way that conduce to mutual advance.

As a matter of fact, I want to say "By talking to others, we can learn from others while they can also learn something from me", but I am not sure whether these three terms are suitable of the situation (my sentence), may I have your point of view?

Thanks

• coiffe

USA
    American English
    Hello everyone, I have two terms which confuse me, then I make a sentence of it:

Communication online by talking to others indeed is a way that conduce to mutual progress.
    Communication online by talking to others indeed is a way that conduce to mutual benefit.
    Communication online by talking to others indeed is a way that conduce to mutual advance.

As a matter of fact, I want to say "By talking to others, we can learn from others while they can also learn something from me", but I am not sure whether these three terms are suitable of the situation (my sentence), may I have your point of view?

Thanks
    Silver,

I would choose "mutual benefit" or "progress" as the best of the three. "Advance" is odd in the sentence you've given, but possible. It also depends on what verb you use. I find that your use of "conduce" is unusual. Normally we would say "it's conducive to" and not use "conduce" as a transitive verb.

I would say: "Communication with others online is indeed conducive to mutual progress (-- we can both learn from the process)."

coiffe

JamesM

You could use advancement instead of advance and I think it would work in the modified sentence that coiffe offered:

"Communication with others online is indeed conducive to mutual advancement."

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
    You could use advancement instead of advance and I think it would work in the modified sentence that coiffe offered:

"Communication with others online is indeed conducive to mutual advancement."

Thanks, James.

< Previous | Next >