mutually influenced

Parergon

Italiano, Italia
Does it correctly express that one's behavior is affected by the other part's behaviors, and that this is mutual? :confused:

The interviewing is a asymmetric relation in which the behaviours of both (or each?) participants are mutually (or, reciprocally?) influenced.

• Thomas Tompion

English - England
    Does it correctly express that one's behavior is affected by the other part's behaviors, and that this is mutual? :confused:

The interviewing is a asymmetric relation in which the behaviours of both (or each?) participants are mutually (or, reciprocally?) influenced.

There's rather a lot wrong with your suggestion, I'm afraid, Parergon. Look at your use of the definite article, and see how the sentence can be simplified at the end by careful choice of subject in the subordinate clause.

I'm not suggesting that my sentences (below) are perfect, but I'm confident they are better, and you can choose bits of each to make up your final sentence. I expect someone else will come in with a better suggestion.

An interview is an asymmetric confrontation where the behaviour of each participant is influenced by that of the other.

An interview is a lopsided encounter where each participant can influence the behaviour of the other.

< Previous | Next >