my big toe deviates to the other toes


Senior Member
Hello everybody

I want to describe this picture:
My big toe deviates to the other toes.
Does this sentence sound natural in English?

Any help would be appreciated.

  • cando

    Senior Member
    English - British
    It would be clearer to say "towards the other toes". You could also say that it is "angled" or "bent" towards the other toes. I don't know if there is a medical term that would be better.


    Senior Member
    English - Southern England
    It's caused by a bunion, the NHS give this description:

    A bunion is a bony deformity of the joint at the base of the big toe. The medical name is hallux valgus.
    The main sign of a bunion is the big toe pointing towards the other toes on the same foot


    Senior Member
    UK English
    It doesn't sound natural to me. It looks like an overlapping toe, i.e. My big toe overlaps the second toe.

    But if you want to use deviate, you could say deviates towards (i.e. in the direction of).
    Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >