My face is beaming

< Previous | Next >

dhejejjeskms

Korean
Hello, everyone.

Would you let me know if "Your face is beaming" is a natural sentence?
(It seemed that maybe "Your are beaming" is natural sentence.)

Thank you.

• Barque

Tamil
    It's grammatical but, as you said, You are beaming is more likely.

I wouldn't say "Your face is beaming" is unnatural but it would require a specific context. "You are beaming" on the other hand is likely to be said as a simple statement of fact.

dhejejjeskms

Korean
    It's grammatical but, as you said, You are beaming is more likely.

I wouldn't say "Your face is beaming" is unnatural but it would require a specific context. "You are beaming" on the other hand is likely to be said as a simple statement of fact.
    Thank you.

dhejejjeskms

Korean
    OK. What do you mean by that? What is the person doing?
    The person is looking at his baby.
    He is smiling. (Although I don't know the exact difference between smiling and beaming but I think "smiling" is the closest word I know which has similar meaning to "beaming".)

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Although I don't know the exact difference between smiling and beaming
    :idea::) Ah! Beaming is a stronger and more positive verb - you always beam with happiness, pleasure, joy, etc. Smiling is less precise and more general, and although, by default, it is positive, it can also be negative or neutral.

dhejejjeskms

Korean
    :idea::) Ah! Beaming is a stronger and more positive verb - you always beam with happiness, pleasure, joy, etc. Smiling is less precise and more general, and although, by default, it is positive, it can also be negative or neutral.
    Thank you.

< Previous | Next >