My family is my mother...

Lunaticaselenita

Español/España
Buenas noches:

Soy nueva en el foro, y necesitaría ayuda con esta redacción en inglés para el instituto... Me gustaría que mis frases no sonaran tan infantiles, y añadir cosas como por ejemplo, porqué me gusta que mi familia sea tan grande (es divertido tener siempre a alguien en casa haciendo ruido y con quién poder hablar) o esta historia divertida que no se como poner en inglés. En fin de año, my madre estaba en casa de mi abuelo, y el resto de la familia estaba en casa, esperando por ella antes de las doce. Llamó justo a las doce menos cuarto para pedir que la fuésemos a buscar porque no había taxis. Mi hermana y mi padre salieron corriendo a buscarla, y la trajeron... justo a tiempo para las uvas, ya que estaba sonando la primera campanada cuando pasaron por la puerta. Lo divertido fué cuando mi hermana se dió cuenta de que habían llegado tarde y que nosotras se lo habíamos grabado en video para que no se lo perdieran!!!

"My family is my mother, my father and my three sister.
Iraida is 22 years old, Nura is 29 years old and Cristina is 30 years old. I get on with all. My parent´s from Las Palmas. My favourite cousin is Ylenia, she is very nice. I haven´t got a favourite aunt. I visit other members of my family once a week and it´s very funny. In Holidays my family and me go to valleseco. I like going out with my friends. I argued with my sister Iraida in the morning because I got her clothes. I like my big family. I don´t remember any funny stories about my familly at the moment"

Os agradezco mucho la ayuda de antemano!

• Fuzzy1987

Turkish-English-Un poco de Espanol,Deustch
    My family consists of my mother,my father and my three sisters.
    Iraida is 22 years old, Nura is 29 years old and Cristina is 30 years old. I get on well with all of them. My parent is from Las Palmas. My favourite cousin is Ylenia, she is very nice. I haven´t got a favourite aunt. I visit other members of my family once a week and it´s really enjoyable for me. In Holidays my family and me go to ?valleseco?. I like going out with my friends. I quarelled with my sister Iraida in the morning because I got her clothes. I like my big family. I can't remember any funny stories about my family at the moment.

i don't know if it hepls you but i tried at least;)bye bye

GiggLiden

US
    Lunaticaselenita said:
    "My family is consists of my mother, my father and my three sisters.
    Iraida is 22 years old, Nura is 29 years old and Cristina is 30 years old. I get on (well?) with all. My parent´s (NO '; it's NOT a possessive) are from Las Palmas. My favourite cousin is Ylenia; she is very nice. I haven´t got a favourite aunt. I visit other members of my family once a week and it´s very funny. During holidays, my family and I go to Valleseco. I like going out with my friends. I argued with my sister Iraida this morning because I took some of her clothes. I like my big family. I don´t remember any funny stories about my familly at this moment."

Os agradezco mucho la ayuda de antemano!
    Just a few suggestions to make it flow better.
    :)

Stu Pedazo

U.S.A.
    Buenas:

Mi intento. Espero que te sirva. :)

On New Year's Eve, my mother was at my grandfather's house and the rest of the family was at home awaiting her return before 12 o'clock. She called at precisely a quarter to midnight to ask us to pick her up because there were no taxis available. My sister and my father hurried off to look for her, and they brought her back... just in time for the grapes, since the first tolling of the bells could be heard as they passed through the door. The funny part was when my sister realized that they had arrived late and that we had recorded it on video for them so that they wouldn't miss it!

Notes: 1) En EE.UU. escribimos "realized", pero se escribe "realised" en Inglaterra y otros países de habla inglesa.
    2) Esta página tiene información en inglés acerca de la costumbre de las doce uvas por si sea necesario explicársela a tu público:
    http://www.topics-mag.com/internatl/holidays/new-year/spain-uvas.htm

¡Suerte!

Stu Pedazo

U.S.A.
    I believe you are right, Irisheyes. "We get on [well]" is BE.

y añadir cosas como por ejemplo, porqué me gusta que mi familia sea tan grande (es divertido tener siempre a alguien en casa haciendo ruido y con quién poder hablar)
    Some ideas:

I enjoy being part of a large family and I take great comfort in the fact that my home is constantly bustling with the sounds of activity/my loved ones/a happy family/lo que sea and that I never have to look [very] far to find someone with whom I can talk/to talk to.

I like being part of a large family and knowing that there is always someone at home to talk to.

I like having a large family and it pleases me (or gives me great pleasure/satisfaction) to know that my home is constantly filled with the lively/boisterous sounds of laughter, conversation, and activity. Being surrounded by loved ones means that I always have someone to talk to [when I feel lonely or depressed/need to vent/about my day/etc.]...

I love belonging to a large family because it means that I always have someone to talk to/give me company. WhenI'm in my home I am surrounded by loved ones.

< Previous | Next >