My father seldom cares my feeling.

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Hi,

I don't feel very well recently. Sometimes I don't want to eat too much but my father urges me to do so. I remembered when I was young he urged me to learn I-go but I didn't like it, he then gave me a disappointed look.

I didn't like ping-pong, he imposed on me and told me it would be good for my future.

I am wondering if I can say:

To mean that he won't take my feeling into his consideration and would simply urge me to do things he thinks that might be good.

Thanks a lot

• owlman5

English-US
    Your sentence needs the preposition "about", Silver. You should also change "feeling" to "feelings". Here's a similar example: She cares about my feelings.

Fabulist

Banned
    American English
    Hi,

I don't feel very well recently. Sometimes I don't want to eat too much but my father urges me to do so. I remembered when I was young he urged me to learn I-go but I didn't like it, he then gave me a disappointed look.

I didn't like ping-pong, he imposed on me and told me it would be good for my future.

I am wondering if I can say:

To mean that he won't take my feeling into his consideration and would simply urge me to do things he thinks that might be good.

Thanks a lot
    Sure, you can it. Native speakers of English will probably even figure out what you mean without asking for a further explanation. But the idiomatic way to say what I thnk you mean is," My father seldom cares about my feelings." "Care" is not a transitive verb, at least not in this sense—check it out. And "feeling" for "emotional state" or "emotions" is used in the plural.

< Previous | Next >