My feet began bleeding because of long time pressing against the shoes.

flowersophy

Chinese-China
Hi,

That summer day, we set off early in the morning, thinking it would be great fun to walk so long a distance. However, as the weather was getting hotter and hotter, I found my legs heavier and heavier. What’s worse, my feet began bleeding because of long time pressing against the shoes.
(Quoted from an online article)

Is “my feet began bleeding because of long time pressing against the shoes” correct?
As a Chinese, I can guess the meaning of it but I’m not sure whether native speakers will figure it out.

Many thanks!

• flowersophy

Chinese-China
    It's understandable, but it doesn't sound very natural.

What article is it from? Is it written by a native speaker?
    No, it’s written by a Chinese person. This is quoted from an error correction test question. But the passage I offered here is its corrected version. I can still feel something wrong with it but I don’t know how to put it correctly.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    There are errors to be corrected and style to be improved - see the red:

That summer day, we set off early in the morning, thinking it would be great fun to walk so long a distance. However, as the weather was getting hotter and hotter, I found my legs heavier and heavier. What’s worse, my feet began bleeding because of long time pressing against the shoes.

What’s worse, my shoes chafed and my feet began to bleed.

heypresto

English - England
    You're right. It's not very well 'corrected'. :(

There are several ways to say it, but something like ' . . . because my shoes were rubbing' would sound natural.

Cross-posted.

< Previous | Next >