My mouth is burning

ADMP

Sinhaleese - Sri Lanka
Is it possible to use Burn for a feeling & please show me the mistakes in the following sentenses.
  1. she had put lot of chilly to the curry & my mouth is now burning.
  2. Don't touch green chilly, brcause you hand will start burning.
  3. Ben's hand burned after cutting green chillys for the curry.
What is the correct way of expressing these ideas?

• jabogitlu

USA-English
    Is it possible to use burn for a feeling? And please show me the mistakes in the following sentences.
    1. She had put lot of chili into the curry, and now my mouth is burning.
    2. Don't touch (the?) green chili, because your hand will start burning.
    3. Ben's hand burned after cutting green chilis for the curry. (I would say Ben's hand started burning/to burn, but this is up to you. It's fine as it is.)
    That's how I'd do it! :) By the way, "chilly" and "chili" are two different things, the first means "cold" and the second means "chili soup" or "peppers." But, really, in English, "chili" usually means something more like the chili soup, and not chili peppers. So you may want to replace the word "chilis" (which is really Spanish, I believe) with "peppers."

English Chili= http://www.panic.com/extras/audionstory/popup-images/popup-chili.gif
    Spanish Chili= http://www.whole-isticsolutions.com/images/ingred/chili.jpg

However, the context makes clear that you are talking about peppers, except for #1.

jennijenni

American English (AE) / USA
    Is it possible to use Burn for a feeling & please show me the mistakes in the following sentenses.
    1. she had put lot of chilly to the curry & my mouth is now burning.
    2. Don't touch green chilly, brcause you hand will start burning.
    3. Ben's hand burned after cutting green chillys for the curry.

By "chilly," I think you mean "chili" or "chile" as in "chili (or chile) pepper."

Corrections:
    1. She put a lot of chili pepper in the curry, and now my mouth is burning. (Yes, that will make your mouth burn!)
    2. Don't touch green chiles (or "chili peppers" or simply "green peppers") or your hands will start burning.
    3. Ben's hand started burning after cutting green chili peppers for the curry sauce.

Yes, chiles can make your mouth, hands and other body parts (especially eyes) "burn." More on chiles: http://www.chili-pepper-plants.com/

ADMP

Sinhaleese - Sri Lanka
    Is it possible to use smart instead of burning?
    1. She had put a lot of chili into the curry, and now my mouth is burning.
    2. Don't touch the green chili, because your hand will start burning.
    3. Ben's hand started burning after cutting green chilis for the curry
    note: smart (STING) verb
    1 to cause someone to feel a stinging pain:
    My eyes were smarting from the onions