My name is misspelt


Senior Member
English - England

I want to say 'my name is misspelt'. (I am writing a formal letter).

My try: 'j'aimerais vous signaler que mon nom apparait estropié sue l'arrêté (de nomination)'

  • JiPiJou

    Senior Member
    Jetset's answer is the right one.

    Yet your suggestion of "estropier" is interesting, except that it is used in a more general context, not for a specific word. For example, concerning a person who speaks a foreign language very poorly (grammar and / or pronunciation), you would say : "Il estropie le français" (or worse : "Il massacre le français").


    Senior Member
    French - France, ♀
    In a formal letter (suggestions):
    Permettez-moi de vous signaler une erreur dans l'orthographe de mon nom sur l'arrêté de nomination.
    Je vous saurais gré de bien vouloir rectifier l'orthographe de mon nom sur...
    < Previous | Next >