my shoes are torn/ripped or get ripped

< Previous | Next >

ninjutsu

Japanese
The common words I heard was " My shoes are torn"

How about "my shoes ripped" or "my shoes get ripped"

• Copyright

American English
    If your shoes are made of cloth or canvas or paper or some other material than can be torn or ripped, then you can use those words:

My shoes tore.
    My shoes are torn.
    My shoes ripped.
    My shoes are ripped.
    My shoes got ripped.

But if you shoes are plastic or rubber or leather, you'll probably want other words.

ninjutsu

Japanese
    If your shoes are made of cloth or canvas or paper or some other material than can be torn or ripped, then you can use those words:

My shoes tore.
    My shoes are torn.
    My shoes ripped.
    My shoes are ripped.
    My shoes got ripped.

But if you shoes are plastic or rubber or leather, you'll probably want other words.
    If my shoes are torn and I'm still wearing it, can I use my shoes get ripped?

Please teach me if the shoes are plastic or rubber or leather

Copyright

American English
    If my shoes are torn and I'm still wearing it, can I use my shoes get ripped?
    My shoes got ripped.
    Please teach me if the shoes are plastic or rubber or leather
    These sound odd to me, but: My shoe got cut. I got a cut in my shoe. (And since this will be obvious to anyone looking at my shoe, I would probably tell the person exactly how it happened so that it made sense: "My foot slipped under the back of the lawn mower and the blade sliced through the top of my shoe. Lucky I didn't lose a toe.")

Keep in mind with all of these that you're either talking about one shoe or both shoes, and be sure to use the right one for your shoe problem.

< Previous | Next >