My wife and I want to thank you so very much for making our daughter feel so welcome.

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by nohackle, Sep 16, 2006.

1. nohackle New Member

english usa
    Hard to believe its been 25 years since my summer at Universita per Stranieri di Perugia. My daughter is a college student in Firenze with a host family for the fall and I wanted to thank her host parents for their kindness . Would anyone have any suggestions on an appropriate phrase.

We are traveling to see her in November and I realize that by not speaking Italian for 20 years my very elementary Italian then is now virtually non existent sad to say

grazie per il tuo aiuto

Bill

2. Jana337

Jana337 Senior Member

čeština
    Hi Bill, welcome! :)

Please tell us what exactly you would write in English - it will be easier for us to find an Italian equivalent. :)

Una correzione:
    Jana

3. nohackle New Member

english usa
    Thank you for the correction........

I was interested in the translation of something along the line of :

" My wife and I want to thank you so very much for making our daughter feel so welcome."

mille grazie

bill

4. claudine2006

claudine2006 Senior Member

Andalucía Spain
    Italy Italian
    Io e mia moglie vorremmo ringraziarvi di cuore per aver fatto sì che nostra figlia si sentisse a suo agio/per l'accoglienza data a nostra figlia.

5. crowolo

crowolo Member

Italy
    Italiano
    Mia moglie ed io vorremmo ringraziarvi per tutto quello che avete fatto per nostra figlia e per averla fatta sentire a casa.

it's a bit different from your sentence but it would be nice too.

6. danalto

danalto Senior Member

Roma, Italia, Europa
    Italy - Italian
    Claudine, yours is way too formal, don't you think? I vote for crowolo's one! :D