My wife and I want to thank you so very much for making our daughter feel so welcome.

nohackle

english usa
Hard to believe its been 25 years since my summer at Universita per Stranieri di Perugia. My daughter is a college student in Firenze with a host family for the fall and I wanted to thank her host parents for their kindness . Would anyone have any suggestions on an appropriate phrase.

We are traveling to see her in November and I realize that by not speaking Italian for 20 years my very elementary Italian then is now virtually non existent sad to say

grazie per il tuo aiuto

Bill

• Jana337

čeština
    Hi Bill, welcome! :)

Please tell us what exactly you would write in English - it will be easier for us to find an Italian equivalent. :)

Una correzione:
    Grazie per il tuo vostro aiuto.
    Jana

nohackle

english usa
    Thank you for the correction........

I was interested in the translation of something along the line of :

" My wife and I want to thank you so very much for making our daughter feel so welcome."

mille grazie

bill

claudine2006

Italy Italian
    Thank you for the correction........

I was interested in the translation of something along the line of :

" My wife and I want to thank you so very much for making our daughter feel so welcome."

mille grazie

bill
    Io e mia moglie vorremmo ringraziarvi di cuore per aver fatto sì che nostra figlia si sentisse a suo agio/per l'accoglienza data a nostra figlia.

crowolo

Italiano
    Mia moglie ed io vorremmo ringraziarvi per tutto quello che avete fatto per nostra figlia e per averla fatta sentire a casa.

it's a bit different from your sentence but it would be nice too.

< Previous | Next >