Myriad of me

< Previous | Next >

Silvia G.

italiano
Hi, I would like to know if it is correct in English to say "Myriad of me". It is the title I would like to give to a little poem which talks about personality. Is "Myriad of me" correct"? Please, help me! Thanks a lot :)

• wandle

English - British
    'Myriad' as a noun means a 'group of ten thousand', or more vaguely a 'vast number'.
    'There were myriads of fans around the stadium.'

'Myriad' as an adjective means 'ten thousand in number', or more vaguely 'in vast number'.
    'In the sky above the desert, the stars were myriad.'

Silvia G.

italiano
    Thank you =) I already knew it, but I need to know if it is correct in this case to say "Myriad of me". I mean it as Pirandello in "Uno, nessuno e centomila". A man is a large number of people, it depends on the person who is looking at him(people's opinion makes him lots of people). I don't know if you understand what I mean.. ps: sorry for my bad English :(

wandle

English - British
    It does not convey any clear idea to me.
    Granted that one person may be seen as having ten thousand aspects, the question still remains:
    'What does 'Myriad of me' mean?

wandle

English - British
    I am still unaware of the meaning you intend, but what about 'I am myriad', or simply 'Myriad'?

Biffo

English - England
    It does not convey any clear idea to me.
    Granted that one person may be seen as having ten thousand aspects, the question still remains:
    'What does 'Myriad of me' mean?
    It conveys clearly to me that a person has many aspects.

As a title it is good and would encourage me to continue reading in order to find out exactly what is meant.

Surely titles should be brief and snappy and even slightly enigmatic. This one adds an element of poetry.

I would keep it exactly as it is Silvia!

< Previous | Next >