nail grown inside one's toe

Discussion in 'English Only' started by NickJunior, Nov 11, 2007.

  1. NickJunior Senior Member

    Hi Everyone,

    My big toes have always been giving me problem from time to time. You see the nails that cover my big toes always grow inside the flesh causing pus and inflamation and irritating pain. How do you call that kind of big toes? Thanks for providing me the term.
  2. Londres

    Londres Senior Member

    Hertfordshire, England
    In growing toenail
  3. NickJunior Senior Member

    Yeah, that is what I am looking for. Thank you, Londres.

    In growing toenail: It sounds more like a set phrase, isn't it.
  4. rodoke Senior Member

    Illinois, USA
    en-US; .us
    Weird, I guess we learn something everyday. Where I come from, I've never heard it called anything other than an ingrown toenail.
  5. Porteño Member Emeritus

    Buenos Aires
    British English
    I believe the correct is an ingrowing toenail. Not ingrown, simply because it continues growing.
  6. Trinibeens

    Trinibeens Senior Member

    U.S. English
    This must be an AE/BE difference. In the U.S. it is always an "ingrown" toenail.

Share This Page