name, e-mail, subject, message

< Previous | Next >

Web2

Canada, French
Hi,

I try to make a contact form in russian. I would like to know if these words are corrects :

имя
электронной почты
вопрос
name
email
subject
Does it all right ? I'm not sure about subject :/

Thanks

• sargio

SPB.RU
    email could be
    "электропочта" or "эл. почта" or "электронная почта"

name could be "Ф.И.О" or "Имя" or "Представтесь"

and message - "Сообщение"

Ptak

Rußland
    email could be
    "электропочта"
    Электропочта is a very informal, slang word. I can't immagine it in some contact form.

name could be "Ф.И.О" or "Имя" or "Представьтесь"
    Ф.И.О. means complete name, i.e. the name, the patronymic and the surname. It rather has to do with some official form, but not just contact form on the Internet.

"Представьтесь" means that you offer to a person who fills the form in, to write his name here. But most likely it's a field for the name of the addressee (then Кому is perfect). Anyway Представьтесь sounds veeeeeery formal.

sargio

SPB.RU
    Электропочта is a very informal, slang word. I can't immagine it in some contact form.
    Why is it a slang word? I agree that it doesn't sound so official as "электронная почта".

Really? But there are lot of this kind of forms in the Runet . Usually they are used in forms on corporate sites (banks's, official company's sites, ecommerce). But they are still contact forms.

"Представьтесь" means that you offer to a person who fills the form in, to write his name here. But most likely it's a field for the name of the addressee (then Кому is perfect). Anyway Представьтесь sounds veeeeeery formal.
    You right, it's usually used as a validation response. But for a blog or a entertainment site, I think, it's ok and would be not bad.

Anyway, we should get more context ( what's it a kind of site?) for this words to get the most appropriate suggestion.
    I think,it should be spelled like listed below until we dont' know a context.

name
    email
    subject
    Имя
    Электронная почта
    Тема

sargio

SPB.RU
    Because it is.
    I don't know "why", I know it's just so.
    Cause of the Lebedev's suggestion?

"Ф.И.О." is ok only for Russians (and even not always and not everywhere) because only Russians have patronymics.
    Sure as we are talking about a Russian contact form. But who this form for? I guess for Russians.
    But for a bank or coporate site's it should be Ф.И.О. I can't imagine a bank assistant contacting person using just a name even by email.

sokol

Austrian (as opposed to Australian)
    Ф.И.О. means complete name, i.e. the name, the patronymic and the surname. It rather has to do with some official form, but not just contact form on the Internet.
    Really? But there are lot of this kind of forms in the Runet
    When I for the first time in my life encountered ФИО I had at first no idea at all what it means exactly even though I knew it had to mean 'name'.

After an extended Google search I eventually found out about it. It seems that any Russian would know what it means and that it is nothing out of the ordinary for Russians. But for me (who only did pick up some Russian by the way and never actually learned it properly) it was.

So I guess if the contact form is meant for Russians which seems to be the case ФИО would be perfectly okay.

Ptak

Rußland
    So I guess if the contact form is meant for Russians which seems to be the case ФИО would be perfectly okay.
    If it is a contact form to contact a webmaster by his website, ФИО would not be ok in this case. I'd be surprised if a webmaster would ask my ФИО just for answer to my message. It would be strange. For contact to a webmaster, ФИО isn't needed at all. It's enough to give a nickname. For example, Ptak or something.

< Previous | Next >