italian, french (bilingual)
Dear all,

I need your help to translate those technical words in object.
The original sentence in Italian is: "Deviazioni e giunzioni eseguite con appositi dispositivi e non con attorcigliamento di trefoli o nastratura degli stessi."

I am working on the translation of a project concerning the installation of a power substation, and specifically I am going through the details of the works to be done on joints and distributuion boxes.

According to my research the term "nastrare", and so the related term "nastratura" in generic terms refers to the process of isolating electric cables.

I'd really appreciate your suggestions, cause I'm afraid my idea of translation "nastratura" with "isolation" is not technical enough.
Here my documents specifies the difference between strending cables and "nastratura", so I believe there must be another word.

Here follows my translation : "Deviations and junctions to be made by using specific devices, not by just strending cables or ... "

Thank you :)
  • Non sono affatto esperto in materia, ma che ne dici di "strand taping"? Mi pare che il verbo to tape si possa usare anche in ambito tecnico...
    (meglio aspettare anche altri pareri, comunque) :)
    Arthurlee, thank you very much indeed!

    Ho verificato e "taping" in effetti corrisponde all'operazione di mettere intorno ai fili del nastro isolante. Potrebbe andare! Grazie!
    Se qualcun altro ha idee, sono molto ben accette.

    Thank you again