natural wealth, indisputably also including water,

Discussion in 'English Only' started by apoziopeza, Apr 21, 2017.

1. apoziopeza Senior Member

slovak
    Hi,

Please advise, which version do you prefer, A or B?

Thanks,

A.

A The states, whose Constitutions contain the regulation requiring considerate exploitation of natural resources and protection of natural wealth (beyond the scope of the right to favorable environment) indisputably also including water, are, for example, the Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Croatia, Lithuania, Hungary, Austrian, Romania or Spain.

B The states, whose Constitutions contain the regulation requiring considerate exploitation of natural resources and protection of natural wealth (beyond the scope of the right to favorable environment) which indisputably includes also water, are, for example, the Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Croatia, Lithuania, Hungary, Austrian, Romania or Spain.

2. truffe2miel

truffe2miel Senior Member

French (France)
    I'd prefer the first (A) though :
    - Constitution in this case would be singular, because each country has only one Constitution (so "their Constitution).
    - I'd suppress "the scope" in "beyond the scope of the right of".
    - I'm not sure about "favourable" (not favorable) in this context, maybe "healthy" would fit better?

You would use "favourable" in a sentence like this : "thank to their Constitution, theses countries can be proud of their waters, which are now favourable to the development of many endemic species".

3. apoziopeza Senior Member

slovak
    Thanks a lot.