nature reservoir

bluelights

"Castellano, Argentina"
Hello everybody
I'm not sure about which expression to use to refer to the place where trees along with animals are preserved.
I've been told its 'nature reservoir' but searching online I have also found 'nature's reservoir' and 'ecological reservoir' ... which one is more accurate? Or are they all okay?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:!

• The Newt

English - US
    "Ecological reservoir" makes sense but it may or may not be what you're looking for. Can you give an example (in English or Spanish) of how you would use the term?

bluelights

"Castellano, Argentina"
    Yes of course!
    It's for an article I'm writing so it's basically factual information.
    Something like:
    'Costanera' (name in Spanish) ecological reservoir, which is located only 10 miles south of the city's centre, is one of the biggest not only in our country but also in the continent.

The Newt

English - US
    It it's a legally defined area set aside by the government, then you can use "nature preserve" or similar terms ("forest preserve" etc.). If you're just describing an area from a biological standpoint, you can use "ecological reservoir."

Roberto_Mendoza

Spanish - México
    I thought you wanted the name in Spanish, hahahaha. In any event, you already received a great response from The Newt. Cheers.

P.S. By the way, I think that "reservoir" is normally used for artificial lakes, not so much for a nature preserve.

Last edited:

fenixpollo

American English
    Bluelights,

Every thread in this forum must be useful not only to the person that opened it, but also to other users of the dictionary who are translating the same phrase. Nobody is going to translate the phrase "nature reservoir," because it's not a phrase in English. If you don't give us the original phrase in Spanish, then I can't change the title, and this thread will be useless so it will have to be deleted.

Please give us the original phrase in Spanish.