Neapolitan: Mannaggia a capa toja

Buongiorno a tutti,

Does anyone know what the expression "Mannaggia a capa toja" (or "Mannagg' a capa toja") means ? I think it's Neapolitan language and I don't know how it translates.

Grazie mille,
PMP

• debboa

Italia, Italiano
    "Mannaggia" is an interjection, to express disappointing about something, and can be "damn!" (as can find in WR dictionary!). "A capa toja" (I'm not sure the spelling is correct ...) is the obhject of the disappointing: "to your head". Probably the counterpart cannot understand, or probably his/her "hard" head made him/her do something wrong, or he/she doesn't change his/her mind about somenthing...... There are many occasions a Neapolitan could use this expression!

A

curiosone

AmE - hillbilly ;)
    Hi everyone! :)
    So, if I want to translate "No, è la capa toja che è sbagliata, no casa tua.",
    ...would it be correct if I say "No, it's your head that's wrong, not your house."?

Thanks.
    It's one thing to translate from Italian to English, and quite another to translate neapolitan.

alfaalfa

italiano
    Ciao,
    la "capa" qui non è intesa come la parte superiore del corpo umano (la testa, il cranio).
    Piuttosto si fa riferimento a quello che di immateriale c'è dentro: i pensieri o il modo di pensare o i sentimenti stessi.
    In italiano potremmo dire ad esempio "hai il cervello bacato/in fumo/in pappa" (a seconda dei contesti che potrebbero anche essere diversi dal tuo). Non so quindi se head sia corretto o meno. Io ho cercato di tradurre dal napoletano all'italiano. Per arrivare all'inglese aspettiamo persone più esperte.

curiosone

AmE - hillbilly ;)
    Hi Alfaalfa. Thanks for your input. Once in a while I have to translate Neopolitan to English, so I'm always asking friends from Campania for help (to get the Italian meaning, so I can translate it). The sentence 'No, it's your head that's wrong, and not your house' does refer to what is inside the head (not just the skull).;)

Another way to say someone's a little crazy (or 'a bit tetched'), is to say, "He isn't right in the head."o_O

alfaalfa

italiano
    The sentence 'No, it's your head that's wrong, and not your house' does refer to what is inside the head (not just the skull).;)
    Another way to say someone's a little crazy (or 'a bit tetched'), is to say, "He isn't right in the head."o_O
    Great. Good to know.:thumbsup:
    Thnax!o_O:D