Nearby

< Previous | Next >

eduard85

Español
Hello,

I need to translate the word Nearby for an app that displays a map with weather stations that are close to the location of the user, but I am not sure which of the following options I should use:

Blisko
W pobliżu
W okolicy

Please note that the word Nearby is a title and will be displayed alone above the map.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
  • Ben Jamin

Polish
    Hello,

I need to translate the word Nearby for an app that displays a map with weather stations that are close to the location of the user, but I am not sure which of the following options I should use:

Blisko
    W pobliżu
    W okolicy

Please note that the word Nearby is a title and will be displayed alone above the map.

Thanks for your help!
    Blisko and W pobliżu are virtually synonymous and denote objects in a short distance from a point. How short the distance is will depend on the means of locomotion you use and how densely the area is populated. In urban areas and while walking this will be not more than a few hundred meters. While driving a car in rural landscape it may be many kilometers. W okolicy denotes usually a wider range of distance, but is also relative.
    I would use "w okolicy" for weather stations, as weather does not change over very short distances.

< Previous | Next >