neat and tidy

< Previous | Next >

popup

Chinese
Hello,

Could you please tell me whether "neat and tidy" can be used to modify a room, Or has to be for a person? For example, is it idiomatic to say the following expression?

Eg: Tom wants to look for a tenant who can keep his room neat and tidy.

• Copyright

American English
    It's fine ... good luck finding that tenant. Tom wants (to look for) a tenant who will keep his room neat and tidy.

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Hello,

Could you please tell me whether "neat and tidy" can be used to modify a room, Or has to be for a person? For example, is it idiomatic to say the following expression?

Eg: Tom wants to look for a tenant who can keep his room neat and tidy.
    "can" is fine. Tom wants to look for a tenant who can keep his room neat and tidy.

People use "will" also, like Copyright wrote.

More common is to just refer to the person, popup. I think that's part of your question.

Tom wants to look for a tenant who is neat and tidy.

You typically want the tenant to be neat and tidy in general, and not just in their room.

It would depend on the context.

popup

Chinese
    "can" is fine. Tom wants to look for a tenant who can keep his room neat and tidy.

People use "will" also, like Copyright wrote.

More common is to just refer to the person, popup. I think that's part of your question.

Tom wants to look for a tenant who is neat and tidy.

You typically want the tenant to be neat and tidy in general, and not just in their room.

It would depend on the context.
    Hi Perpend,

Oh, thanks for your information! So if I want to refer to the room, what adjective is suitable in this case?

< Previous | Next >