Nessuno vive d'amore

DjNouN

Italia, Italiano
Hi, my friend traslates the phrase "Nessuno vive d'amore" to "No One lives of love".
Is this traslation correct?
I've a doubt in the preposition "of". What should I use?
Thanks in advance

Ciao, un mio amico ha tradotto la frase "Nessuno vive d'amore" in "No One lives of love"
La traduzione è corretta?
Sono in dubbio nella preposizione "of". Quale dovrei usare?
Grazie in anticipo

• DAH

USA/California--English
    Sono in dubbio nella preposizione "of". Quale dovrei usare?
    No one lives by love. I think the adage is: no one lives by bread alone. At any rate, "no one lives by love" is somehow incomplete, to me, at least.

DjNouN

Italia, Italiano
    No one lives by love. I think the adage is: no one lives by bread alone. At any rate, "no one lives by love" is somehow incomplete, to me, at least.
    Thanks a lot.
    But a question, how can i traslate the phrase that you said now : "no one lives by bread alone" ?
    Nessuno vive di .... solo?
    Bread means "Pane" but "Nessuno vive di pane solo" does not make a lot of sense for me..
    Thanks

vicky1027

usa english
    I think the expression "you can't live on love alone" or maybe in this case "nobody can live on love alone" is how this would be translated into english.

DAH

USA/California--English
    I can well image that it does not translate to Italian. It comes from the Bible which is archaic English as such.

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Thanks a lot.
    But a question, how can i traslate the phrase that you said now : "no one lives by bread alone" ?
    Nessuno vive di .... solo?
    Bread means "Pane" but "Nessuno vive di pane solo" does not make a lot of sense for me..
    Thanks
    Non si vive solo di pane/Non di solo pane vive l'uomo.

< Previous | Next >